By: Jane Uymatiao, 16 May 2017
You will NEVER hear anyone say that their storage space is enough. Right?
Whether it is for your business or just for your personal space, you can never have enough space. Businesses expand and so does your family. And as they grow, you accumulate more stuff. Some of them you’ll need on a daily basis but some are just seasonal. At times, you want more home decor so you can change around its look once in a while. The ones you don’t need at the moment, you want to store away and out of sight. But where?
Talk to my kids and they will tell you that I have taken over a lot of space at home. They tell me they need more closet space and that my stuff take up too much space. I’m constantly decluttering but I know I still have a lot of stuff around. What to do?
Well, I recently got to tour a new world-class storage facility in Pasig called Loc&Stor 24/7. YES!!! This long-time storage facility service that you find in the U.S. and other First World countries is now in the Philippines!
The concept of self-storage has been around for some time already. Decades ago, when I was studying in the United States, self-storage was already in demand and quite popular, having been around since the 1960s. There are aboutAt a recent event for bloggers, Sam Peterson, Loc&Stor 24/7’s founder, said that he had previously headed part of a global company that managed, designed, and constructed self-storage facilities across the world. That experience made him see that Filipinos were already ready for such world-class storage facilities as well.
Loc&Stor 24/7‘s first facility is located in Bagong Ilog, Pasay City. Coming from Ortigas Avenue, you turn left to Libis. Loc&Stor 24/7 is very close to that left turn and is located very close to the end of the Ortigas flyover.
Here are some advantages of using Loc&Stor 24/7’s storage facilities:
1. You get your own individual unit and your own padlock – No one else has access to the storage area but you or your representative. Items are never mixed with the stuff of others. Loc&Stor 24/7 has 7 different sizes to choose from and you can always upsize or downsize as you need. Rental prices range from PhP 1,925/month to PhP 15,152/month (rates as of the date of this post).
2. Loc&Stor 24/7’s facility has cutting-edge security in place – The entire facility is located in a gated compound. You have your very own PIN code which allows you to enter the facility and activate/deactivate the alarm of your unit. Each of your designated representatives also have separate PINs so that the logs will show exactly who accessed your unit. Around the entire facility are 24-hour security guards. Each time your unit is opened, you get an email notification. Unit owners also have the option to take out insurance on their items. The entire facility has an extensive sprinkler system, smoke detectors, CCTV with night vision with full view of all corridors, and fire extinguishers in different areas.
3. Access is 24/7 – As its name says, Loc&Stor is never closed. You can access your items any hour of the day, any day of the week, even during holidays. And you can just go there without prior notice, permission, or additional fees.
4. Loc&Stor 24/7 is clean and well maintained – The entire facility is well lit and well ventilated with industrial-sized fans. Regular pest control, cleaning, and maintenance is done throughout the facility.
5. Loc&Stor 24/7 provides climate-controlled units – For items that are sensitive to humidity in storage like paintings, books, clothing, shoes, and other leather goods, Loc&Stor 24/7 has climate-controlled units. That means insulation and airconditioning. Humidity is managed at a level that will significantly reduce the possibility of mold and mildew growth.
6. The entire facility is built to strict fire and floor-loading codes – At first, the units’ walls looked like they were made out of empty container vans but I was so totally wrong. The units are fabricated abroad and adhere strictly to code. The lower section of the corner walls have reinforced protection to guard against damaging bumps when carts go by.
7. Rental periods are flexible – Rental periods go for as short as 1 month to as long as 18 months. At the end of your existing rental period, your agreement will automatically extend month-to-month at the current rate. You can also switch to a shorter or longer period.
Read more at Philippinebeat.com: Loc&Stor 24/7: World-class 24/7 self storage facility is finally here in the Philippines!